“Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
Encouragement is one of the most powerful tools a teacher can use. It is often the key to unlocking untapped potential in children.
As an educator @ Neev , your words and actions have the ability to lift students up or break them down. Encouraging words and actions are often internalized by students and have the power to motivate them to succeed. Following tips will help while practicing encouraging –
1) The path to student confidence begins by creating a culture of encouragement. Teachers and parents can build a culture of encouragement by embodying the belief that every student has potential and is the ability to accomplish their goals.
2) Keeping students on the right track once they demonstrate progress is vital to helping them achieve their goals. Providing verbal praise is a great way to offer encouragement to students who show progress throughout the learning journey.
3) A true culture of encouragement involves praising students for small achievements and modest improvements in their efforts.
4) No two students are exactly alike in terms of the way that they respond to encouragement. In order to connect with as many students as possible, you will need to vary or combine your modes of encouragement.
5) It is easy to offer encouragement when a student is succeeding. However, encouragement is often the most effective when students receive it when they are struggling to master concepts. By offering support when a student is failing or struggling, you reaffirm your unconditional positive regard for the student. This is a critical way to build trust and rapport with a student.
No doubt , there are many steps that teachers and parents can take to encourage children to succeed. However, the single best step a parent can take to ensure that their children receive the encouragement they need is to select a professional institution or school that recognizes the power of encouragement.
At Neev Foundation , we offer a culture of encouragement that helps students gain the confidence they need most. We look forward to helping your child Succeed.
“Correction does much, but encouragement does more.”
No comments yet.