NTSE Stage 1 for Class X (Maharashtra) will be conducted on Sun 13th Dec 2020 at different centers across Maharashtra. Due to ongoing Pandemic situation and schools closed , students have prepared this examination fully based on Online studies.
Tips for MAT (Mental Ability Test)
- Initially Solve questions based on water image, mirror image, folding of paper, Venn diagrams, Syllogism are relatively easy. This will give you enough confidence.
- After that you should target questions based on blood relation, direction test, ranking test.
- Finally move on to the questions based on number series, analogy based on numbers and classification. There can be a mix of easy, moderate and difficult questions on these topics. So, if you are able to understand the patterns in one go, solve immediately otherwise leave them for the end as it can be time-consuming and may cause unnecessary pressure.
Tips for SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- Start with Social Science or Biology section in order to save time and avoid pressure. Maintaining a good speed and accuracy in these sections will help you save time for calculation based questions of Mathematics.
- Try to complete theoretical questions of Social Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and direct questions of Mathematics in 60-70 minutes. This way you will get sufficient time for difficult questions of Mathematics or lengthy calculation-based questions from Physics or Chemistry, if any (around 20-30 in number). Attempt these lengthy and trickier questions towards the end.
- Sometimes, in both MAT & SAT, use of elimination method comes quite handy to get the correct answer. Apply it wherever necessary.
- Always keep filling the OMR at regular intervals instead of keeping it for the last.
- Since there is no negative marking in NTSE Stage-I, do not leave any question unanswered. However, before guessing answer to any of the questions, ensure the same as per the marking scheme, as sometimes certain States may change the marking scheme.
Having said that, a good speed and accuracy plays an important role when it comes to competitive examinations. All the Best!
All the Best and Good Luck !
Check here probable Answer Key after 5 pm on Sun 13 Dec 2020.