IAPT announces the major changes in NSEs 2020-21
The national olympiad program in Science subject leading to the International Olympiad of 2021 has some major changes for 2020-21 only.
In a departure from the usual three-stage procedure for the selection of the teams to represent India at the international Olympiads that has been followed in previous years, the selection procedure for the 2020-2021 cycle has been condensed to a two-stage process as a one-time exception. The two stages in each subject will be
- A three-hour two-part examination called the Indian Olympiad Qualifier (IOQ), jointly organisedby the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) and the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research) – HBCSE (TIFR).
- An Orientation-cum-Selection Camp (OCSC) organised by HBCSE
The IOQ in each subject will be a combination of two examinations, held in a single sitting for the examinee.
- Part I: National Standard Examination (NSE): This will replace the standalone NSE of other years. The duration of this part will be 1 hour and will consist of multiple-choice questions, similar in standard to the usual NSE. This part will be a screening examination for selective evaluation of the second part (INO) only and performance in this part will not play any role in the selection for the next level (OCSC). This part of IOQ in different subjects will be called National Standard Examinations (NSEs) in Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Junior Science and Physics: NSEA, NSEB, NSEC, NSEJS and NSEP, respectively.
- Part II: Indian National Olympiad (INO): This will replace the standalone INO of other years. The duration of this part will be two hours and will consist of detailed questions, similar in standard to the usual INO. This part will be evaluated only for students screened through the firstpart (NSE), and the selection for the next level (OCSC) will be determined solely by the performance in this part. This part of IOQ in different subjects will be called Indian National Olympiads (INOs) in Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Junior Science and Physics: INAO, INBO, INChO, INJSO and INPhO, respectively.
Online enrollment for IOQ is expected to start on IAPT website (iaptexam.in) by 15 October, 2020.
The tentative schedule of IOQ examinations is as under:
- Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Junior Science (IOQJS): January 17, 2021 (Sunday)
- Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Astronomy (IOQA): February 6, 2021 (Saturday)
- Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Chemistry (IOQC): February 6, 2021 (Saturday)
- Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Physics (IOQP) February 7, 2021 (Sunday)
- Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Biology (IOQB): February 7, 2021 (Sunday)
Class XI and XII – KVPY FELLOWSHIP AWARD – 2020 – Application Process Begins
Date of Examination -31 Jan 2021
KVPY Aptitude test 2020 Application portal Click here
KVPY 2020 detailed advertisement Click here
IMPORTANT NOTE: KVPY FELLOWSHIP 2020 WILL BE AWARDED SOLELY BASED ON APTITUDE TEST. NO INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED THIS YEAR (2020).